Saturday, June 4, 2011

Star





star

  [stahr]  Show IPA,noun, adjective, verb, starred, star·ring.
–noun
1.
any of the heavenly bodies, except the moonappearing asfixed luminous points in the sky at night.
2.
Astronomy any of the large, self-luminous, heavenly bodies,as the sunPolaris, etc.
3.
any heavenly body.

In a world obsessed with celebrity and fame I have found freedom through deciding to perform for and delight an audience of One.  The amazing thing is I don't have to be anything or anyone different than who I really am at any given moment.  There are no lines to rehearse, no costumes, no "character" to play.  My audience adores me...applauds my littlest of efforts.  My audience calls me "Beloved". There is no worry of no longer being youthful enough, thin enough, popular enough, rich enough.  No, enough is truly enough.  I am no longer on society's treadmill, running and running and never, ever, moving forward.  There is no love to earn because it was always there and complete from the beginning.  It was a Gift and the question of being deserving was really never a question at all...I never could be, but I never have to be. I am a Star.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here is a wonderful blog post written by my brother in Christ of 20 years, Robert Mauti. We are also both figure skaters and have coached...