Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Just Because

Not because of what You can do for me
Like a Genie or Santa or the Easter Bunny
Not because of the comfort You bring
The purpose You give to my every day
The gift of Your peace
The fear you take or the hope You represent
Or the future You promise
Or the unconditional love You embody

Not because of the healing You do
Or just because You are the lamb who was slain
Or the wisdom You impart
The shame You remove
Or the never ending grace and mercy You show
The beauty of Your Creation-from the mountains and seas
To my babies eyes and toes

Not because You provide my every need
Or because You call me "Beloved"
Or the fact that I am Your princess and You are my Abba, Father
Or that You will never leave me
Never
Or because You are perfect and Holy, The King of Kings
And that one day every knee will bow and ever tongue will proclaim Your Greatness
I choose not to wait for that day

While these are all pieces of Your majesty
And some of Your many gifts to me
I love you...Just Because
You are You
And You love me...Just Because
I am me
And that is more than enough...forever.


He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
(Psalm 46:10)

1 comment:

Here is a wonderful blog post written by my brother in Christ of 20 years, Robert Mauti. We are also both figure skaters and have coached...